Self care and assertiveness skills to become as kind to yourself as you are to everyone else
If you’re “too nice for your own good”, you could be doing yourself and the world a disservice. This programme is to help you
- Feel freer to be true to yourself and express yourself honestly
- Become more confident and skilled saying ‘no’, negotiating and acting in your best interests
- Undo blocks around assertiveness and ‘being nice’ that have stopped you in the past
- Start treating yourself with respect and feel like you’re worth standing up for
You’ve probably tried to get better at standing up for yourself before, but it just didn’t feel right.
Maybe you worry that looking after yourself is “selfish”, you instinctively put other people’s needs before your own, you feel like you have to keep making up for who you are, or you tend to “keep the peace” only to suffer or find things go wrong later.
Instead of just giving you techniques, this course also helps you change how you think and feel so you can relax and allow standing up for your interests begin to feel right.
Dates: 6 weeks from 11th October to 22th November. Weekly videos and exercises to do when you want plus live group coaching calls for personal help Wednesdays 7-8pm
£95 Early bird price to October 1st only £65
My husband has noticed a very positive change in me since the course 🙂 After other courses I just reverted back to my timid self. I thought this might be the same, but instead I have come away feeling enlightened and optimistic and have started putting things into practice.
The content was excellent. I’ve learned not to worry if someone doesn’t like me and to calmly express my feelings instead of holding them in.
A Self Care and Assertiveness
We’ve all read books or been on courses, felt good at the time, but then slipped back into old habits afterwards. This course is different. It’s like a fitness programme to help you steadily stretch how you think, build your self care and assertiveness muscles, and put them into practice in your life
STRETCHING to help you loosen disempowering beliefs about conflict, yourself, assertiveness or being ‘good’ that might have been holding you back
CORE STRENGTH exercises to build your confidence, integrity and pride
CARDIO — mini challenges to start applying what you’re learning in your life
Live online TEAM TALKS and coaching with me and other participants to work through problems and keep you on track
Week by Week
You will receive the week’s short videos and exercises each Thursday morning ready for you to do when it suits you.
Team Talk calls – Wednesdays, 6-7pm UK time from October 11th – November 22nd. If you can’t make them live, you will receive a recording shortly after.
Kick Start Call — 6-7pm, Wednesday 11 October
- Changework secrets – setting goals and how to make change stick
- Harness the mindset proven to create more motivation and better results
- How to come back to balance when life throws you off
- Build your resilience by meeting your needs
Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 18 October
- The real way to grounded, authentic self esteem
- Stop needless self sacrifice
- Embrace who you are, both good and bad
Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 25 October
- Reclaim your integrity and values
- Start becoming someone you’re proud of regardless of what anyone else thinks
Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 1 November
- Start overcoming fear of confrontation
- How to build real, grounded confidence
- Untangle your tongue – practice saying ‘no’, negotiating and making requests
Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 8 November
- Learn to love your ‘no’
- Feel more comfortable with healthy honest boundaries
- Embodying your power
Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 15 November
- Learn to listen to your anger and channel it effectively
- New you – Renegotiating established relationships to mirror your changes
Closing Team Talk — 6-7pm, Wednesday 22 November
- You’ve Got This! Building on your wins and carry your changes into the future
I qualified as a brief solution focused cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist in 1999. Since then I’ve done further study in motivational interviewing, provocative therapy, NLP, coaching and using the body for change. My work stretches from one-to-one therapy and coaching to communication and leadership training. Clients include the NHS, the Royal Air Force, GP training programmes and hundreds of individual clients.
I help you
- Get clear so you know what to do next and why
- Calm emotional triggers so you can start responding instead of reacting
- Put new habits into practice so they become part of your life
This course follows the path I’ve travelled myself. A journey from believing the my only role in life was to serve others to learning to also love, accept and support myself. The course is the one that I wish had been available for me all those years ago.
Is It Right for You?
This isn’t just a bunch of tips. You can look them up on the web.
Assertiveness from the Inside Out starts with freeing you from the ways of thinking and feeling that have kept you stuck up to now then building your confidence and skill on that solid foundation.
It will be particularly helpful if you recognise some of these
- You’re great at taking care of others but forget to look after yourself
- You’ve tried to become more assertive but it doesn’t feel right so you slip back
- You don’t speak up about things that bother you then end up feeling stuck and resentful
- You say ‘yes’ to things you don’t want to do avoid disapproval, rejection or conflict
- You secretly hope that if you’re kind enough to other people for long enough, they will get the message and do the same for you
- Looking after yourself feels selfish and wrong so you don’t do it
If that’s you, first off don’t beat yourself up about it. Your kindness towards others is a wonderful gift. It’s just got out of balance. We’ll help strengthen your other ‘muscles’ so you can be start being as kind to yourself as you are to others.
Ilse, Wellington, New Zealand
Everyone’s life is different and so it’s impossible to guarantee specific results but the course is designed to help you
- Stop instinctively putting everyone else first and build fairer, more nourishing relationships
- Build the confidence to say ‘no’, set boundaries and negotiate
- Reduce fear of disapproval or rejection so you can be yourself
- Become as good a friend to yourself as you are to everyone else
If you want to become more familiar with my work, watch some of my videos or join my email list below.
The course is
- Affordable – much cheaper than one-to-one coaching
- Accessible – you don’t need to travel and can do most things when it suits you
- Personal – the weekly Team Talk call and private discussion group mean you have a place to bring up your challenges and get personalised help
- About doing not just learning – you’ll get weekly exercises so you bring your changes into your life
I don’t know of any other course offering the same combination of inner change and practical support.
If you’d like to join us to
- Start thinking more fairly
- Build your self esteem and confidence
- And feel better about acting in your own interests and expressing how you feel
then, click on the Paypal link here.
It is just £95. Not much more than just one coaching or therapy session for six weeks of supported change.
Early bird price until October 1st – £65.
Clicking this will open a Paypal page where you can pay securely using either your Paypal account or a credit/debit card. I’ll write to welcome you personally shortly afterwards.
If you change your mind, you can get a refund any time until the beginning of the course.
If it’s not right for you but you’d like to hear about my other work, enter your email address here.[EMAIL BOX]
If you’d like to ask a question, email me at email@example.com and we can work out if it would be right for you or not. I only want happy customers so if it’s not right for you, I’ll help you decide.